Diagnostic Autism Evaluation Process
University Pediatricians – Autism Center Psychological Evaluation Process
Our evaluation process requires three appointments. Evaluations are typically scheduled within 3-6 months or possibly sooner.
1. Parent Interview – During this appointment, the psychologist and clinician meet with the parents to discuss the history of the child. The child should not attend this appointment. The appointment can range fro 2-4 hours.
2. Testing Appointment – The psychologist and clinician work directly with the child, with the parent present. This appointment can take 2-4 hours.
3. Feedback Appointment – Go over the results and receive a copy of the report. The child should not attend this appointment. This appointment can take 1-2 hours.
Autism Evaluation Process for BCBS/BCN Members
*An approved autism evaluation center (AAEC) multidisciplinary team diagnosis is required for BCBA/BCN.
University Pediatricians Autism Center’s BCBS/BCN, AAEC evaluation includes:
1. An approved speech and language evaluation
2. Neurological assessment
3. Psychological evaluation at our Novi center