We are seeking an organized, personable and detail-oriented office coordinator to join our organization. You will coordinate various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front desk management, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, and scheduling meetings and appointments. Also, under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures performs clerical and billing in the Autism Center located in Detroit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed by the Autism Center.
- Provides high quality customer service to the families we serve on the phone, in person and via email.
- Complete a wide range of tasks and use Microsoft Office programs to complete and track daily work.
- Manage administrative Medicaid process on MH-Win.
- Conduct staff training audits.
- Responsible for opening, sorting and distributing mail.
- Manage payroll applications.
- Maintain facility materials organization, office supplies.
- Create and maintain filing system.
- Follow established policies and procedures to meet minimum life safety standards of JCAHO/OSHA.
- Actively participate in safety training.
- Welcome clients and visitors to the office and assist them as needed.
- Perform various clerical tasks as needed (file papers, organize supplies, etc)
- Take meeting notes and transcribe into email, document or spreadsheet form.
- Prepare and send faxes.
- Answer phones and route calls to appropriate persons.
- Maintain staff and company calendars.
- Set appointments, meetings and conference calls.
- Reserve conference spaces for meetings.
- Notify and remind all parties of upcoming events, lunches, meetings, etc.
- Suggest changes to office task workflow in order to improve efficiency.
- Maintain an organized work space at all times.
- Frequently check office supply stock; reorder supplies when needed.
- Train and assign tasks to new office clerks or interns.
- Report any updates or pertinent issues that need addressing to the office manager.
- Uphold and carry out company office policies and procedures.
- Medial Billing experience preferred. Possess organizational skills to prioritize work flow and maintain departmental files. Ability to utilize word processing programs including Microsoft Office programs. Experience with spreadsheets preferred. Some basic mathematical calculations may be required.
Office Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s degree in office administration, management or related field preferred.
- 2+ years workin in office admin or hospitality management preferred.
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Experience using office machinery (fax, printer, copier, phone systems, etc)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding communicator both verbally and written
Supervision of staff with regard to payroll and compliance requirements.
Able to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and provide high quality customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.