ED Fellowship and Education Coordinator
Job Title: ED Fellowship and Education Coordinator
Division: Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Reports To: Fellowship Directors and ED Leadership
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings, answers phones, prepares correspondence and maintains files
- Coordinates educational programs to include confirming speakers, reserving rooms, arranging catering and preparing evaluation handouts
- Coordinates all fellowship meetings for GMEC and other meetings requested by PD, including preparing agenda, taking meeting minutes and prepares for distribution
- Effective communication between the Division of Emergency Medicine with other Divisions at Children’s Hospital as well as more than 20 external programs
- Assists program with recruitment activities
- Maintains Internal Review reports and responses
- Prepares and maintains accreditation documentation/Program Information Forms (PIF) for fellowship programs
- Processes expense reports and travel requests for fellows and maintains/updates calendar for management
- Helps with all clinical scheduling of residents and medical students
- Coordinates with HR, IT and the Hospital to ensure that residents are prepared to rotate in our ED and work on day #1
- Maintain and update Divisions Education website
- Regular communication with PEM fellows
1. Maintain Fellowship Program
- Organization of all interview activities for program
- Coordination of fellowship education and research activities
- Administrative support for fellows and program directors
- Facilitate all conferences, regional conferences, workshops
2. Maintain Academic Offices
- Coordination of provider schedules (clinical and academic, including Processing of time off requests)
- Coordination of faculty research activities and publications, including maintaining divisional publication listing quarterly with ED research coordinator.
- Facilitation/coordination of all divisional education activities (Guest lectures, divisional meetings)
- Coordination with residency program to plan resident and student rotations within the division
To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Responds immediately and professionally to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ethics – Treats others with respect; must have integrity and inspire the trust of others; uphold organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently, provides self-direction, multitasks activities
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Candidate must possess an Associates Degree from two-year College or comparable work experience.
- Preferred experience in a Hospital/University setting.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to cary out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal wiht problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk’ use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.