UPAC Psychological Evaluation Process
Our evaluation process requires three appointments. Evaluations are typically scheduled within 3-6 months or possibly sooner.
- Parent Interview – During this appointment, the psychologist and clinician meet with the parents to discuss the history of the child. The child should not attend this appointment. The appointment can range fro 2-4 hours.
- Testing Appointment – The psychologist and clinician work directly with the child, with the parent present. This appointment can take 2-4 hours.
- Feedback Appointment – Go over the results and receive a copy of the report. The child should not attend this appointment. This appointment can take 1-2 hours.
Autism Evaluation Process for BCBS/BCN Members
*An approved autism evaluation center (AAEC) multidisciplinary team diagnosis is required for BCBA/BCN.
UPAC’s BCBS/BCN, AAEC evaluation includes:
- An approved speech and language evaluation
- Neurological assessment
- Psychological evaluation at our Novi center
Autism Evaluation Process for HAP Members
- Psychological evaluation required (see UPAC Psychological evaluation process above)
- Must be diagnosed with autism from a licensed psychologist to qualify for the ABA benefit
Starting ABA Services at UPAC
Once authorizations from the client’s insurance company have been verified, a behavioral consultant will contact you to schedule a behavioral assessment. The behavioral assessment typically takes one to two hours to complete.
What is a behavioral assessment?
The behavioral assessment consists of a parent interview, behavioral observation of the child and the development of an individualized treatment plan. Once the treatment plan has been created, the behavioral consultant will meet with the family to review the treatment plan and go over the treatment program contract.
The treatment plan is then submitted to the insurance company for authorization.